Vic's BBQ

Eating out on your lunch break is not always the easy. Your time and choices are constricted. There are a handful of barbecue joints that I can make it to within reason. Vic's BBQ is the closest one. The first and only time I ate there was right after I started working for Progressive Insurance. I remember it being decent, but some of my co-workers swear by it.


When I got there, the parking lost was packed. Every time I drive by it, it looks packed. Is that supposed to be a good sign? Inside there were people but not as many that the parking lot would indicate. The atmosphere had a working class feel to it. Everyone in there seems like they were on their lunch break between jobsites. I ordered the three meat plate with the usual meats of moist brisket, pork ribs, and sausage. I got coleslaw and potato salad on the side. The brisket was surprisingly decent. It was very tender, and the smoke ring and flavor were superb. I did not need any barbecue sauce for it. The pork rib was tender but not falling off the bone. The rub and smoke gave it nice flavor. The sausage was probably one of the better commercial sausages I have ever had. It had the just right amount of fat. The casing and grit of the sausage was on point. The coleslaw and potato were bland. Nothing special to write about.


It is a solid barbecue restaurant. It is definitely worth a visit. It is relatively cheap, and they are pretty quick in getting you in and out. Vic's is barbecue for the everyday working man. Going into this visit, I would have guess I would have given them a lower grade. I was pleasantly surprised. Grade: C+

Until next time, happy smoking...

Address: 3502 Burleson Rd, Austin, TX 78741
Phone: (512) 445-4250
Website:
http://www.vicsbbq.net/

Comments

Popular Posts