Cranky Frank's Barbeque Company


Amber made plans for us to do some wine tasting with friends around Fredericksburg. That morning, we hiked up to the top of Enchanted Rock. The views were beautiful from the summit. We worked up an appetite after walking around the park. I did not know about the rest of my party, but I was ready for some barbecue from Cranky Frank's Barbeque Company. Cranky Frank's is on the latest Texas Monthly Top 50 list. The hike took longer than I had expected, and we arrived at the restaurant just before 1 PM.




When we were standing in line, they ran out of moist brisket and pork ribs. I ended up ordering some lean brisket, pulled pork, and sausage. We were one of the last people to get brisket. The brisket had a good flavor and smoke. The slices however were dry and falling apart. It needed some BBQ sauce. Same thing with the pork. The pork came in pieces instead of being pulled. They tasted fine, but the texture was too dry for me. The sausage was pretty standard and had a good snap from the casing.



Since our visit, I have seen recent pictures of the Cranky Frank's brisket, and they look fantastic. It might be that we came in on an off day or it was just too late in the day. I will try to come back earlier next time. Go try them out and judge for yourself the next time you are in Fredericksburg. My stomach was content when we left the restaurant. I needed all that meat to absorb the wine that was about to be had. Grade: Other



Until next time, happy smoking...

Address: 1679 US Hwy 87, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
Phone: (830) 997-2353
Website: http://www.crankyfranksbbq.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cranky.franks
Twitter: https://twitter.com/crankyfranks

Comments

Popular Posts