Tejas Chocolate Craftory (First Impression)


I have eaten at a lot of barbecue especially in the Houston area, but I have never been to Tejas Chocolate Craftory. Shocking right? They debuted on the 2017 Texas Monthly BBQ list at number 6! Congrats to them. I have been paying attention to their social media accounts and saw that the lines have been crazy since the list came out. I made sure to be one of the first people to arrive on this particular Saturday. We got there at 9 AM, and we were first! The thing about certain BBQ lines is the wait is going to be the same no matter what time you get there. You might as well get there early so you can still order anything off the menu that you want without worrying about stuff selling out.


The days of me just ordering the Texas trinity at a new place is pretty much gone especially when it comes highly regarded. I want the full experience plus the pictures turn out better. We got some brisket, pork ribs, sausage, turkey, pork belly, and chicken with carrot soufflé and green beans. The simple rub of salt and pepper balanced nicely on the brisket with the post oak smoke. The meat was tender and moist. It possessed a nice bark, and the fat was rendered perfectly. The pork ribs had a good flavor. The rib meat came off the bone with minimal effort. The sausage was pretty standard and ate fine. I have been ordering a lot of turkey lately because it is "healthier," and Amber enjoys it. This was a good effort from the Tejas guys. It was juicy and had a good rub on it. I think the pork belly was my favorite protein of the meal. The peppery crust with the ideal amount of fat to meat ratio made it a delight to eat. I could eat this all day every day. I also thought the chicken was really good. It was seasoned well, and the meat was succulent. I ordered the green beans mostly for Amber, but I did enjoy them. It tasted fresh and had a nice touch of bacon. The carrot soufflé was somewhere between a side and a dessert. No matter what it was, it was fantastic. It was sweet and had a consistence similar to flan. Delicious.



Scott Moore started Tejas Chocolate Craftory with Michelle Holland as a chocolate shop doing bean to bar. Unfortunately for them, there is not enough money in just doing chocolate alone. Fortunately for us, Scott enlisted his brother, Greg, and they are now serving fantastic 'cue as a result of it. I can definitely see why Texas Monthly had them high on the list. Tejas have also added a new offset smoker to keep up with the demand. I want to try the rest of the menu when I get a chance to go back. I am looking forward to next time.

Where the chocolate magic happens

The Black October

Until next time, happy smoking...

Address: 200 N Elm St, Tomball, TX 77375
Phone:
Website: http://tejaschocolate.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TejasChocolate/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/tejaschocolate

Comments

Popular Posts