Bowie BBQ at Whole Foods


I am a fan of the Whole Foods. They have all kinds of prepared food for people on the run. I can definitely eat my way through the store. I wish they offered an all you can eat option. Whole Foods even smoke their own barbecue on site called Bowie BBQ. You can smell it instantly when you pull into the parking garage at the headquarters location downtown Austin. The only disadvantage would be it does get really busy in the store, and parking can be a pain.


There is a menu, but you are really not limited to it. You walk around the store and pick up anything else you want. Brisket sandwich and clam chowder? Sure why not? I ordered my usual of moist brisket, pork ribs and sausage this day. The pricing is very good, and it also came with sides of potato salad and macaroni and cheese. There was a lot of food on my plate. The brisket was tender but dry. It was smoky, but the bark was boring. It needed more rub and fat. The ribs had a nice sweet glaze with the meat coming off the bone. It was good, tender, and smoky. The sausage made in house did not have a lot of smoke going on. It was a jalapeno pork sausage with a nice snap to the casing. I really liked the sausage a lot. It had a good flavor with a little bit of spiciness to it. The potato salad was bland. It was mustard based with bits of egg in it. The macaroni and cheese was really cheesy, and they used penne pasta. Of course I still liked it. Bowie does not have any bread, but they gave me a bun that they used on their sandwiches. This is one of the rare occurrences where I was not able to eat everything


While your wife is shopping or you need to grab a few groceries and also need a bite, you cannot go wrong with Bowie BBQ. If you were blindfolded, you would never guess this barbecue came from a grocery store. I have had the pulled pork sandwich in the past, and it is quite tasty. Amber McGee loves the chicken salad where they use smoked chicken in it. If you go out with people who do not want barbecue (obviously there is something wrong with these types of people), they can grab something else in the store. Grade: B-

Until next time, happy smoking...

Address: 525 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78703
Phone: (512) 542-2200

Comments

Popular Posts