TMBBQ 'Cue Court

Another double post week! I am doing a little tidying up around the blog. I should have posted this months ago. The Peached Tortilla is getting a brick and mortar restaurant soon. I stopped by Miller's Smokehouse on the way back from Dallas recently, but they are closed on Sundays. Bummed.


Texas Monthly is a source to go to when it comes to Texas barbecue. Hiring Daniel Vaughn definitely help further their case. They have their own brand now, TMBBQ. They put on festivals, road trips, dinners, and etc. I was helping out the "BBQ Snob" at the Texas Book Festival. I had no idea that the book festival existed. Obviously I am in no way shape or form a bookworm. TMBBQ was hosting their first 'Cue Court at the festival. Daniel handpicked a few restaurants to serve barbecue for it. They were also giving away a pair of tickets to the sold out TMBBQ Fest.


Blue Ox BBQ was there with their pits. They were not using it for whatever reason. I guess it was just for show. I did not get anything from them this day because what they were offering items off their regular menu.

Two Bros. BBQ Market is from San Antonio. I actually tried to go there recently, but they had run out of meat. It sucked because I ended up at the original Rudy's, and we know how that turned out. They brought a Frito pie with chopped brisket topped with tomatoes and sour cream. It was quite tasty.


Miller's Smokehouse (Belton) and The Peached Tortilla paired up together to serve new twists on barbecue. Miller's brought the smoked meats, and The Peached Tortilla turned them into culinary delights. I ordered the loaded sweet potato fries. It had brisket, bacon jam, cheese, fried egg, and green onions and then drizzled with Sriracha mayo. I am still dreaming about it.


The event seemed like a success. All of the vendors ran out of food late afternoon. I think this event is a great idea. It lets people try different places in one stop and pushes pitmasters to think outside of the box. There is more to barbecue then smoking meat, right? It is a win-win for all of us.


Until next time, happy smoking...

Comments

Popular Posts