CorkScrew Barbecue


On this particular Saturday, Amber and I were going to Spring to attend a friend's party. I only slept only an hour or so Thursday night because I participated in a relay race from Austin to Corpus Christi. Trying to wake up early this morning was not easy at all. I wanted to stop by CorkScrew Barbecue before the party. I knew there was going to be a line, but we could not wake up/leave early enough. We had to deal with traffic as we made our way through the northern parts of Houston. When we got there, it was around 11 am, and we had to wait in line for an hour and a half to order. Although it was located in a trailer, there was an awning and fans to combat the Texas heat. That is an added plus for the customer's experience. This was the only Houston area BBQ joint that I had not been to off the Texas Monthly Top 50 list.


When I got to the counter, they had just run out of beef ribs. Oh well, next time. I went with the three-meat plate with the usual moist brisket, pork ribs, and sausage. I got macaroni and cheese and coleslaw on the side. I enjoyed the brisket. It was simply delicious. The smoky meat just fell apart in your mouth. It had a silky soft bark with a ton of flavor. The meaty pork rib was good. It had a nice amount of smoke, and the meat gave very little resistance as you bite into it. It tasted fine, but I wanted something more from the rub though. The sausage they used was tasty. I got a nice snap from the casing, and the texture was fine. I ate everything off of my tray including the sides. The mac and cheese was cheesy enough, and the coleslaw was crisp and fresh.


After Austin, I think Houston is my second favorite barbecue town in Texas. I might have to move here soon. Add CorkScrew Barbecue to Killen's and Gatlin's and you have a great trio. When I am in the area again, I will give the pulled pork, beef rib, and spicy sausage a try. The loaded baked potatoes were huge and looked awesome. When we were leaving, I noticed another BBQ restaurant in the same shopping center. Pit Master BBQ recently won best barbecue in The Woodlands. I wonder if those that voted for Pit Master had also been to CorkScrew before. Grade: B+


Until next time, happy smoking...

Address: Old Town, 26608 Keith St, Spring, TX 77373
Phone: (832) 592-1184
Website: http://www.corkscrewbbq.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Corkscrew-BBQ/106714476033357
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CorkscrewBBQ

Comments

Popular Posts