Gatlin's BBQ (Preview)


My wife and I were going to Houston to spend time with our friends over Labor Day weekend. Amber and I have an agreement where I can only have one barbecue stop per trip. We met some BBQ friends on Saturday at Pappa Charlies Barbeque. I will post the review soon. While in town, I saw on Twitter that Gatlin's BBQ was going to do a preview at the new location on Monday. I talked the wife into stopping by. We had some crêpes at Sweet Paris in Rice Village for brunch so she was not hungry. I ate half of mine to save room for some 'cue.


Pitmaster/owner Greg Gatlin announced in December 2014 that they were going to move to a bigger location. If you had not been, the prior space was small and tight. There was not a lot of seating available. The lease at the old location had run out in February, and Greg and company were forced to move sooner than expected. They have been operating out of a food truck since. Greg is also a partner of Jackson Street BBQ located near Minute Maid Park.


The preview was taking place between 11AM-2PM. When we got there a little after 12PM, the line for food was snaking through the restaurant. The wait had to be over an hour long. We were not going to stick around because we wanted to make it back to Austin at a reasonable time. I did take a picture of Michael Fulmer's tray. Thanks to him for letting me do so. The sampler plates were $15 bucks, and in return, you received two meats and two sides with a drink. Brisket, ribs, sausage, and pork ribs were the choices.


Officially, Gatlin's BBQ will start serving lunch this Friday, September 11th to the public. The new spot is much bigger and more open. There is a lot of seating and two dining areas. I am excited for them as they begin their next chapter. I am looking forward to my next visit. I think I would have to order everything off of the menu. Who is in? On the way out of town, I stopped by Pho Saigon in Katy because I was starving. FYI- I was really impressed by it.

Until next time, happy smoking...

Address: 3510 Ella Blvd, Houston, TX 77018
Phone:
(713) 869-4227
Website: http://gatlinsbbq.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Gatlins-BBQ-Catering
Twitter: https://twitter.com/GatlinsBBQ

Comments

Popular Posts